THIS INFORMATION IS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUAL FOR THIS ALARM SYSTEM
Note: Direct bypassing of sensors can only be done at the panel.
Only the primary access code can be used to bypass/unbypass sensors directly. Only sensors that are active in the current arming level can be bypassed. Attempting to bypass a sensor that is already bypassed, will activate or unbypass the sensor.
To bypass sensors directly:
Note: If a key is not entered for five seconds, the panel will exit the bypass sensors mode.
1. Close all doors and windows.
2. Arm your system to the desired level.
3. Press (Bypass). The panel displays, Enter Code TO BYPASS.
4. Enter your primary access code. The panel displays the sensors that are active in that level and can be bypassed in the system.
5. Use the and to scroll through the listed sensors.
6. Press (Select) to select the sensor to be bypassed.
Note: Heat, smoke, carbon monoxide, and DTIM cannot be bypassed.
7. The panel displays, ZONE XX OFF (bypassed) and the Press Status icon will turn on (the status message will include bypassed and open sensors).
To bypass sensors indirectly:
1. Leave open only those doors and windows that are to remain open. Close all others.
2. Arm your system to the desired level. The panel emits protest beeps and displays PROTEST and ZONE XX OPEN.
3. Press (Bypass) to immediately bypass or allow the delay time to expire and the sensors will bypass automatically.
4. The system sounds arming level beeps to indicate that the system is armed and open sensors have been successfully bypassed.